suzette
This park was purchased by the Auckland Regional Council from the Duder family in 1995 for the public. The Duder family farmed this land for generations, starting with Thomas Duder who survived a shipwreck 25 years before he bought the land from the Ngai Tai tribe in 1866. Whakakaiwhara is the Maori name for the peninsula where the Ngai Tai people sited their pa. The park covers 148 hectares and is surrounded by a rocky coastline and little beaches Go to Aotearoa Cam for more beautiful place in and around Auckland
Posted 2006-04-30T19:37:43.000Z